Must Have Android/IOS Apps
This blog post is going to cover one of the many categories of the must have apps of 2018. Without these apps, your phone is not at optimum usability and that’s just sad. The first and most interesting categories of the must have apps is Productivity Apps. All the apps mentioned are available to both android and ios devices.
Best Productivity apps of 2018
When we came across the term: Productivity Apps, we were psyched. I’m a person who is meticulous in everything I do, hence productivity apps are the best way to keep track of things in your every-day life from meetings to reminders for feeding your dog. Also for you guys who aren’t very meticulous these productivity apps can prove to be a wonder! They help you keep track of everything, kind of like having your own Personal Assistant but only for Free!
What exactly are productivity Apps?
The Wikipedia definition of Productivity apps more or less says that: Productivity software also called office software is application software used for producing information. This information could be in form of documents, presentations, worksheets, databases, graphs, charts, digital paintings, digital videos, and electronic music. The name Productivity App arose because of its function of increasing productivity in office employees. This was its preliminary focus though now its scope is every increasing. So that’s basically what productivity apps do. And now without further ado, let’s get into it.
(1) Must have Productivity Apps – Eva
One of the best-rated rated apps in the app store is Eva, or as it is called in the app store: Voicera A.I. Note Taker. Eva was created by the company Voicera. Voicera is a California based company founded by Omar Tawakol. The company’s research on the subject is pretty solid. They’re very clear about the aim of their app.
- Eva is an A.I. voice recorder that transcribes (it has the superpower of converting speech-to-text) and automatically summarizes meetings. The app automatically highlights important moments like follow-ups.
- Eva can be synced with Google and Office365 for easy calendar management. The Calendar view displays all upcoming meetings from your work or any kind of appointments. You can easily manage what meetings Eva joins with a simple on/off toggle.
- The Quick Launch is a record function that allows you to record-in person meetings.
- The newly updated Remote Control feature enables you to view rapid transcripts and Predictive Highlights for on-going meetings. You can easily share your meetings through Email, Slack, SMS or any messaging app on your phone.
- The best part about the app is that it can work for all types of meetings: Conference calls, Person-to-person calls, and In-person meetings.
Eva is a free must have app and can be downloaded from both the Play store and the App store. This means that Eva is compatible with both Android and Ios type of Operating System. Eva’s motto is pretty convincing: Make meetings Actionable. You can download this app here.
(2) Must have Productivity Apps – PushBullet
The next top rated productivity app of our list of must have productivity apps of 2018 is PushBullet.The app was created by the company also named Pushbullet. The company creates mobile apps that enable the users to send links a lot faster and easier.
- According to CNET, Pushbullet is the “App you never knew you needed.”
- Pushbullet connects all your devices, making them feel like one. It helps you to conveniently send and receive SMS messages from your computer. It lets you connect many popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, Kik and Facebook Messenger.
- You can send files and links between your own devices or even with friends.
- There is no chance ever to miss a notification when you’re using Pushbullet. The productivity app allows you to see all of your notifications and messages on your computer, including phone calls. If you dismiss a notification of your computer, it goes away on your phone too.
- You can use Pushbullet Channels to subscribe to things you care about and can receive timely notifications about those things.
- The mobile app is truly productive as it helps you save time. This it does by allowing you to type on your PC or Laptop’s keyboard instead of your Smartphone keyboard. I know that I for one can type faster on My PC’s keyboard.
All these features have made Pushbullet TNW’s App of the Year. Pushbullet is a free app and can be downloaded from the play store or the app store on android or ios phones respectively. You can download this app here.
(3) Must have Productivity Apps – LastPass
We want you to take a moment and think about all the online profiles that you have: facebooks, twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, SnapchatAmazon, Flipkart, and so many more. How many passwords do you have to remember for all of these? Or do you just have the same password for these? Now LastPass is a must have app that does all the boring work of setting new passwords for each of your accounts or profiles. And what’s more! It also automatically logs in to your accounts whenever you want it!
- LastPass locks all your passwords in and personal information in a secure vault. The application auto fills web browser and app logins for you. LastPass also generates new and secure passwords instantly. It is hence the best password manager and password generator. You only need a Master password and Lastpass manages all the rest.
- This app enables you to secure your private information like credit card info, important photos, and also audio notes by using its Private Notes feature.
- The phone app also has a Finger Scan Lock where your own unique fingerprint is all it takes to quickly unlock your Secure Vault. You can also Autofill with fingerprint password fills.
- Password Sharing is another important feature of the mobile app as it enables you to share important passwords in case of emergencies or even otherwise with your near and dear ones.
- Password Audits enable you to asses the strength of your passwords with the LastPass Security Challenge. The Secure Vault also makes data available offline. LastPass never has the key to your encrypted data so all of your information remains safe.
You can download this app here.
(4) Must have Productivity Apps – Slack
The fourth productivity app on our list of the must have Productivity apps of 2018 is Slack.Created by Slack Technologies Inc., the phone app is to get all your team communication in one place.Slack is a cloud-based software founded by Stewart Butterfield. Slack proudly states its motto: “where work happens” and also literally makes your work life simpler.
The aim of the app is to get all team communication and collaboration into one place so that you can get more work done. This mobile app is very useful whether you are a part of a large enterprise or a small business. Slack enables you to check-off the items off your to-do list and move towards finishing your project by bringing together the right people, conversations, tools and information that you need.
- Slack helps you to communicate with your team and organize your conversations topic-wise, project-wise or sort them by any other means.
- You can message or call any team member while using this brilliant mobile app.
- Sharing and editing documents is no problem while using Slack.
- Slack majorly enable you to integrate your workflow, tools, services that you already use (including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more).
- Slack enables all team members to easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives the team’s past conversations as well as files.
- This app also allows you to customize your notifications so that you get only relevant notifications.
You can download this app here.
(5) Must have Productivity Apps – Cleanfox
Cleanfox is a 100% free app to delete and unsubscribe from unwanted newsletters and spam with one click. Cleanfox is a free anti spam. Unsubscribe from unwanted emails, newsletters, and spam and delete all your old emails with one click. Cleanfox is 100% free and safe. With Cleanfox, you can also plant real trees by sponsoring your friends!
- Cleanfox is a free spam blocker that helps to manage mailboxes by blocking spam and newsletters.
- Cleanfox provides you with information to quickly manage your inbox (emails’ open rate, number of emails received, etc.). With this valuable information, and, for each newsletter, you can choose to:
•keep the subscription and old emails, or
•delete old emails, or
•unsubscribe and delete old emails.
- Cleanfox is a part of Fox intelligence, which produces and commercializes statistics on e-commerce, in order to help companies to better understand their market.
You can download this app here.
So, that’s all guys about the productivity apps. Hope these were helpful to you and you try these apps out and don’t forget to let us know in the comments section about the apps or any other suggestions from your side. We would love to hear from you guys.
Also, check out our other posts here: